Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Real Deal: Self-Acceptance and Positive Body Image

February 8, 2011 by
Filed under Activism, Featured, Self Esteem, Self-Acceptance

Time for action.

Action on our part and yours.

We ask for your commitment.

A commitment to work together towards self acceptance and positive body image.

The Deal Top Ten was developed as a collective group, each contributing our heartfelt thoughts and desires for this effort.  With this effort, we hope to provoke an immediate change in your thinking, and help you develop a keen awareness of how often negative body image thoughts impact your daily life and curb your enthusiasm.

You may want to start pick up a journal (or hey- start a blog!) to document this effort, noting how many times per day, and in what circumstances you noticed  negative thinking… and then ultimately found a completely new way of life.

If you are ready for The Real Deal, let us know you will join us on this journey by simply posting a comment stating “I’m in!”

If you would like to add a #11 to your deal, as an additional commitment on your part, feel free! Simply post this personal statement within your comments.

-RealDealGirls

—-

The idea for The Deal came from contributor Claire Mysko. Unapologetically Myself is the trademark of MizFit

Comments

17 Responses to “The Real Deal: Self-Acceptance and Positive Body Image”
  1. mamaV says:

I’m in!

Here is my additional commitment:
    10) Encourage others to ditch their scale, cancel their magazine subscriptions and take a celebrity hiatus.

-mV

2. jen (@bwJen) says:

I’m in! I totally agree and couldn’t have said it better myself! I also agree with mamaV on adding #10! We have to encourage others! We have to support & encourage others! I love this whole concept.

3. Hanlie says:

I’m in! Mizfit sent me! I support this totally.

4. Mara @ What's For Dinner? says:

I’m in! Thanks for being here ladies…

5. MizFit says:

Im in.
    Im cheering for number nine (show me the friends and Ill show you the woman!) and 10.

GOOD GOSH IM HERE FOR NUMBER 10.

It’s about us, sure, but if you cant yet do it for YOU—start by doing it for the future.

6. Diana says:

Love it. I’m in too.

7. shauna says:

I’m in, baby!

8. Count me in too! This list is very consistent with how i TRY to live my life, not that I am always successful.

And may I just note what an awesome assemblage of blogging talent you have here? You are all indeed the Real Deal! I looked at the names at the top and though “Holy Crap, all in one place???”

9. I am in. Been in for a long time, and so great to see it here. Tried to pick out my favorite principle, but they’re all great. #8 stands out for me for some reason, though. Maybe because it is a really good first step for many and can have such a powerful effect.

10. debby says:

I’m in! Like others said, this is how I am already trying to live my life. I definitely slip occasionally, but this IS the ideal that I want to live up to. Great idea to write it all down in one place and have people sign. The amazing Mizfit sent me over here, and I am so glad she did–looks like a great blog to keep track of!

11. I’m IN!

Oh I am so in!

This is a process and I am in the process and Am printing these out and reminding myslef daily, several times a day as a matter of fact.

Thanks Miz!(and everyone else too)

12. FOOTDR69 says:

I’m in!!! Well said!!! Starting TODAY!! 😉 BTW…MizFit sent me!!

13. I’ve been in for a long time, but I’m happy to re-state my commitment.

And I’ll add my own:

I’ll recognize that my behavior toward my own body shapes how my daughter will relate to hers — and on days when I don’t feel strong enough to do it for me, I’ll do it for her.

Go get ’em, ladies!

14. ronisweigh says:

Of course I’m IN!

Trackbacks

1. Mission – Sneak Peak! Offical Launch tomorrow 7/22/09 « we are the REAL deal says:

[…] The Pledge […]